I am sitting in the British Airways Club World Lounge at Vancouver International Airport sipping iced water and munching on chilled fresh fruit.
Our tickets for this one flight has probably cost our travel insurance company roughly the same amount as all 25 of our previous flights over the last 366 days added together.
(Why we are flying back business class is a long story for another day, perhaps over a glass of wine.)
During our travels we have experienced so much:
- Hospitals/Doctors surgeries in four different countries on three continents.
- Knowing the price of cola in 15 different currencies.
- 26 flights.
- 17 long distance train journeys (13 Indian + 1 Vietnamese + 2 Thai + 1 Laos)
- 23 Mango smoothies.
- 37 free nights accomodation plus 8 weeks staying with our family members.
In under fifteen short hours we will be home after 366 days of travel.
I have mixed emotions:
- I am done travelling, for now.
- I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.
- I am looking forward to us four getting back into the rhythm of school/work days and weeks.
- I want to live deliberately.
- I want to stay grateful for the small things.
- I want to do something I love every day.
On our travels I have discovered that one of my passions is writing. I believe that writing books will play an important part in my/our future.
I'm going to start by writing about our amazing year travelling the globe; the people we met, the things I learnt and the obstacles we overcame.
I'm looking for a select number of friends to proof read some of my writing, if you'd like to help please let me know.